Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wednesday Night Speed Session - 3/12/09

After last week's somewhat unusual workout, it was nice be back on the East 6th Track last night. I was not dressed properly for the weather. Temperatures were in the mid-50s and I was wearing a long sleeve tech shirt and tights. I should have been wearing short sleeves and shorts. Thankfully, I was not the only one overdressed. There were a few other guys dressed in a similar fashion while most of the women in the group were dressed properly.

Last night's workout was a downward ladder. After the usual warmup to the track and some stretching we began the workout. Pacer Lauren was pacing the 7:00/mile (5k pace) group. We started off with a 1600m (1 mile or 4 laps), then a 1200m (3/4 of a mile or 3 laps), 800m (1/2 a mile, capped off with a 400m (1/4 mile or 1 lap). After Sunday's 20 miler, my legs were loving the soft surface of the track. I apologize for not providing splits but the battery on my Garmin died.

One last thing... co-worker JS, whom I've mentioned on this blog before, decided to check out the group last night. He's training for a the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in D.C. in a few weeks. JS ran with Pacer Brad at about an 8:30 pace. I caught up with JS during the cooldown on the way back to Paragon. He mentioned that he really enjoyed the speedwork and hopes to come again next week. It's nice to know that I'm playing a small part in getting someone else interested in our sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dunno if women have more intellect or they are more prone to have foresight but you're right, all the women seemed to know it would be warm while us guys were sweating in the heat.