Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wednesday Night Speed Series

Every 4 or 5 weeks the group does what is called a "Fit Test." The purpose of this is measure your progress since the last test. The first time I did this workout I ran with Pacer Brad, who at the time paced 7:30 group. The second time around I ran with 7:00 group but it was more like a 7:15 group. Over the past few weeks, I've been very comfortable running with the 7:00 so I had no qualms running with that group once again. Just like the last 2 fit tests, the workout for our group was 3 x 1600m. Brad's goal was to be right around 7:00 for each interval. The group nailed the workout finishing the intervals in 6:59, 7:00, and 6:59. Here is a link to the workout (laps 3, 5, & 7 are the intervals): Wednesday Night Speed Series

I think the 6:30 group is still out of my league but clearly progress is being made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ari I've definitely seen that you are getting a great benefit from these speed workouts. They aren't quite as effective for me this season for some reason, but I am happy for you!