Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I was looking forward to tonight's speed session at Paragon. Coach Kate posted on the RUNNYC Facebook page that tonight's workout was going to be a "pyramid" workout. Here is how it was described on the FB page: "The workout is a fartlek run (Swedish for \\\"speed play\\\"), alternating between fast pickups (\\\"on\\\") and easy running (\\\"off\\\") at 5k race pace or slightly faster. We'll do 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 (advanced groups can add a 5 min pickup if time allows; beginners will top out with a 3 minute pickup) with 2 minutes recovery on all but the 1 minute pickup, where we will have a 1 min recovery. Unfortunately, the weather gods had other plans. This morning's snow turned into rain. I've mentioned in other entries that rain and I don't mix. I'd rather stay healthy than get sick so I decided to bail.

Tomorrow morning I'm running with co-worker, JS who is training for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile in Washington, D.C. April 5. I'm off from work on Friday so I hope to get some quality miles in the morning.

No comments: