Sunday, January 4, 2009

8 (well almost) @ 8

I met up today with some runners I met on Facebook. I try to post my long runs on my FB status when I get home so if there are other runners who live nearby and run at the same pace we can meet up. The plan for today was to run 8 miles at an 8 minute pace. We started out at a slightly slower pace for the first 3 miles. We then picked up the pace for the last half of the run. I'm not sure if it was because of the cold but my breathing was heavy the last 2 or 3 miles and I was struggling to keep up. I had enough left to finish strong. We did 7.52 miles in 59:02 for a 7:50 pace. You can check out the details here: FAst 7.5 in Saddle River Park.

If there are any readers out there who are on Facebook, please let me know how to find you. If you live nearby, Bergen County, NJ or NYC, I would love to meet up for a run.

I hope that everyone's 2009 running is off to a good start.

No comments: