Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice. Ice, Baby

I had a feeling it was going to be a challenge getting out this morning. After spending about half an hour getting the ice off of my car, I decided to drive to Votee to see what the conditions were like.

Before I left the house my my wife said "If you fall before our vacation I'll flip out!" We're taking a family vacation to Disney World next week and last thing I need is to be agony during the vacation because I slipped on the ice while running. I drove over to the park around 7:40 and the running path was a sheet of ice. I got back in the car and drove home. A little bit before 9:00 a.m. I saw that the sun was out and the temps were rising so I decided to try again. Still a sheet of ice.

I'm a little bummed because I was hoping to get 12 or 13 in today. I also know that I won't be running the next 2 Sundays because we'll be traveling. I'm hoping to get some runs in Florida but not the mileage I usually get in on the weekend. Hopefully it won't set me back too much in my attempt to train for the NJ Marathon.

I just got back from a social obligation, and a friend who lives in NYC posted on my Facebook page that Central Park was salted and plowed and full of runners. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

No comments: