Monday, January 26, 2009

Back At It

I returned from vacation yesterday afternoon. While I was away, I did not run. I gave myself a week off and enjoy a truly magical vacation. I allowed myself Mickey ice cream and popcorn every day. The only time I talked about running was when I saw someone in line wearing the 2008 MCM shirt. We struck up a brief conversation about MCM, he also mentioned that he did the Goofy Challenge the week before. For those of you that don't know the weekend of Jan. 10 -11 was marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. The Goofy Challenge involves running the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday.

Anyway...today I was back to my usual morning routine. I woke up at 5 and headed in work for my morning run. I debated which route to run and finally settled on the Brooklyn & Manhattan Bridge run. I finished the run in 38:52 (~8:16 pace). That's about my usual pace for that run. It's good to know I didn't lose much fitness during my vacation. Tomorrow I'll cross train and Wednesday it's back to Paragon for speedwork with the Nike pacers.

On Feb. 1 the registration fee for the NJ Marathon goes up from $95 to $100. I really need to decide if I want to run the race. I've had no time to put together a training plan. Sunday is already Feb. 1. The clock is ticking.

No comments: