Friday, July 9, 2010

Race Report: Van Cortland 2 x 2mi Relay

Last night I teamed up with Joe for a 2 x 2 mile relay in Van Cortland Park. It was all about trying something different and having fun. Joe is a big advocate of runners trying something out of their comfort zone every so often. Cross country is definitely out of my comfort zone and I was a little apprehensive before the race. Thankfully, what ever fears I had were washed away when I arrived at Van Cortland Park. Everyone was just milling around and the atmosphere was light and peppy.

Just before the start, Elyssa, who teamed up with Amy, said to me these races hurt because you just try go as fast as you can.That's exactly how I felt when I finished the 1st leg.

Once a I caught my breath and cooled down, Joe asked me if I would try another one. I thought about it for a moment and replied with a "yes, as long as my work and life schedules permit." I had a good time and met some fellow running bloggers and/or tweeters.

No comments: