Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th, 2010

I have to admit July 4, 2010 was probably one of the best Independence Day holidays I've had in a while. I spent a lot of time with family and friends. Every July 4th there is parade down one of the main streets in my town. Even though I live a mere 8 miles from New York City, July 4th still has a very small town feel in my town. Residents line the curb and some of the parade groups throw candy to the children. Here are some pictures from this year's parade:



Later in the evening, we went to a local park for a fireworks show. There was small town aura as children played on the playground, played ball and threw frisbees while their parents set up folding chairs and blankets. Everyone clapped, ooohed, and ahhhhed as the fireworks lit up the sky in celebration of America's 234th birthday.

Thank you to everyone that has helped preserve our freedom and way of life.

No comments: