Monday, October 12, 2009

What have I been up to?

I realized today that it's been about 8 days since I last posted something here. Quite honestly, I haven't been up to much. I'm still not running, which is causing me to lose my mind. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal. My body was used to having its daily dose of endorphins and now they are gone. I need them back.

It's been about a month since my injury. I do not feel any pain. Every now and then I'll feel a stretch or twinge that reminds me of what happened. I'm going to try and do some light running on the treadmill in the next few days and see how I feel. I do have 3 races planned in November, the Yavneh Academy 5k on 11/8, the Damon Runyon 5k at Yankee Stadium on 11/15, and the Dick Meighan Thanksgiving Day 5k on 11/26. I don't expect to set a new 5k PR at any of these races, I just want to be out there racing with my fellow runners.

In the meantime, fall racing season is full swing. Congrats to:
  • Cowboy Hazel on his 3:05:14 at yesterday's Chicago Marathon.
  • TK on her 1:56:33 at Saturday's Baltimore Half Marathon.
  • Trea on completing her first half marathon in Melbourne Australia in 2:00:45. 
  • Casual Jogger who PRed at the Steamtown Marathon.
  • Brandon who took 2nd in his AG at his sprint Triathlon
  • Everybody else who raced last weekend.
To everyone who is racing Marine Corps on Oct. 26 and New York City on Nov. 1 enjoy the taper. To anyone racing Philly on 11/22, you're almost there. Get those last long runs in, get plenty of rest, watch your diet, and stay healthy.

Lastly, LET'S GO YANKEES!

No comments: