Thursday, October 29, 2009

Running has Taken a Back Seat

With many of the Yankee postseason games ending well after midnight, I haven't done much running recently. Thanks to a Saturday night rain out of Game 6 of the American League Championship Series, I did manage to run outside for the first time since fracturing my rib on Sunday. It felt great to get back outside. It was a cool and crisp morning so I headed over to the local park where I felt safe while it was still dark out. I finished the 5.60 mile run in 46:51. Surprisingly, that came out to a 8:21 pace. I wasn't trying to push the pace, I just wanted to be out there and run at a comfortable pace. The only other I got in this week was 4 miles on the treadmill on Wednesday. I am simply too tired from going to bed late almost every night to get up early to run. So for now, I'm enjoying the postseason and will run when I can.

Speaking of the Yankees...I've been fortunate to have been to a few playoff games this postseaon including the pennant clinching Game 6 of the ALCS and Game 1 of the World Series. I already shared with you what the atmosphere was like in the stadium when the Yankees clinched. I was hoping for a similar atmosphere on Wednesday night for Game 1. Cliff Lee and Chase Utley had other plans and the Phillies took the first World Series game in the new Stadium 6-1. Still, I can say that I was at the last World Series game in the old Stadium and the first World Series game in the new Stadium. Unfortunately, both ended in losses.

No comments: