Friday, January 22, 2010

Run Ride...Inspire: Sarah Stanley's 2010 Project


It's an honor and a privilege to help Sarah Stanley spread the word about her 2010 project Run Ride...Inspire. Between March and August 2010 Sarah will run, ride, or a combination of both, at least 50 miles in every state. The purpose of the project is to raise awareness of childhood obesity and to support Fitness Forward.

While I have never met Sarah in person, I have exchanged e-mails, shared comments on Facebook, and tweeted with her on Twitter. Sarah uses social media to inspire and motivate people in ways that I didn't think were possible. She's offered words of encouragement when my training wasn't going so well and wished me congratulations after a race. I hope to finally meet Sarah when Run Ride...Inspire comes to the NYC/NJ metro area.

Run Ride...Inspire will kick off on March 8th in California and finish in mid-August on her home turf of Washington, D.C. While she runs and trains for events in all 50 states, Sarah will share passion for healthy living and inspiring others get active. To get involved, check out www.runrideinspire.com

No comments: