Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Weekend

Actually, there were no July 4th fireworks shows on my agenda. See, this year July 4th fell out on Saturday, my day of rest. I spent the day as I would most Saturdays. I went to synagogue in the morning, had friends over for lunch, my wife took our daughter to the park later in the day to play with some friends, and I enjoyed some quiet time in the backyard with my book. I even missed our local July 4th parade and family festival in the park (a different one than my daughter was at).

Today more than made up for it. I ran 10.25 miles this morning in 1:26:19 (8:25 pace). The morning was absolutely glorious. 62 degrees and no humdity. After the run I relaxed by watching some of the Tour de France. After lunch, we went over to our friend's house for a swim. Lastly, we had friends over for a BBQ. We kept it pretty simple, burgers, hot dogs, salad, beer, grilled pineapple and peaches for dessert, and of course good company.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: