Sunday, May 10, 2009

On the Road Again

Went out for my first run since the NJ Marathon last Sunday. What a difference in the weather! This morning is was clear, breezy, and temps were in the upper 50's. I took it very easy. Ran from my house to Votee Park, did 1 1/2 loops of the park and ran home via State St. and Windsor Rd. My legs felt good and the pain that I felt in my left knee last week was gone. Total distance was 4 miles in 34:36 (8:39 pace).

When I got home, I was happy to see my wife still in bed. Our daughter woke up on her own and got her own breakfast so her mom wouldn't have to get out of bed early on Mother's day. I took a quick shower then went out to get my wife her favorite coffee. Our daughter and I showered her with cards and a small breakfast in bed.

I am very thankful to have my wife in my life. It's not easy being the wife of a marathoner. She's so supportive of me and of my running. I'm a very lucky man.

No comments: