Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Update

Now that my marathon is in the bag, I hope to providing more regular fantasy baseball updates. Here it goes for this week:
  • I'm currently sitting in 6th place in a ten team league with 50.5 points. First place has 65.5 points.
  • I moved out of the cellar this week powered by Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Gonzalez and Joe Mauer, who is fresh off the DL.
  • Mike Aviles wasn't working out at 2nd so I dumped him and picked up Orlando Hudson. I was surprised to see him on the waiver wire so I grabbed him.
  • Ryan Theriot and Denard Span have been pleasant surprises. Both are off to a good start and are also part of the reason I've moved up in the standings.
  • On the mound, I've put together a patchwork rotation while Brandon Webb, Dice-K, & Chien-Ming Wang are still on the DL. My starters are Volquez, Lowe, Volstad, Cain, & Jurrens. All are pitching pretty well right now. I'll have to drop some some players when Webb, Dice-K, and Wang are activated.
  • In the bullpen, I picked up Andrew Bailey (RP, OAK) and Jason Frasor (RP, Toronto) to help lower my ERA and WHIP. Both are solid middle relievers who have helped. Trevor Hoffman is also off the DL. He's looking pretty good picking up 2 saves with a 0.00 ERA and a 0.50 WHIP. Joakim Soria has 6 saves and is looking like the top flight closer that we was last year.

Hopefully things will continue to improve.

No comments: