Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good start to the month

Thank goodness January 2009 is over. I'm not sure it was obvious from the tone of my blog entries but I was feeling down in the dumps about my running during January. I'm not quite sure why, I was not sick nor was I injured. I'll chalk it up to the snow and ice.

Because of other obligations, I could not run the Gridiron Classic in Central Park today. I needed to start my run no later than 6:30 today and be done around 7:30 - 7:40. I decided to run in Overpeck today. It was still dark when I got there so I started my run on the 1/4 mile track. I did not feel safe running where I could not see the ice. After 2 miles, I moved on to the 1.2 mile walking/jogging path. Even though the end result was good I was feeling off today. I did go to sleep later than I usually do when I need to wake up at 5:00. In the end, I did 8.02 miles in 1:02:37 for a 7:48 pace. Other details can be found here: 8.02 miles in Overpeck.

Now it's on to some good eats at a Super Bowl party. I'm making wings 2 ways, sesame terriyaki and spicy Buffalo style wings (baked, not fried).

No comments: