Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blown Away....Well Almost

This morning I met co-worker JS for a run before work. Since I had done speed work the night before I planned on treating this morning's run as a recovery run. I've talked about JS before, he is new to running and is training for the Cherry Blossom 10 mile in D.C. sometime in April. We decided to run our usual 5 mile route, past the Staten Island Ferry Terminal and up the Battery Park Esplanade to Styvestant High School and back again. The winds were gusting every which way this morning. One minute we're running into a headwind and the next we're getting helped along by a tailwind. At one point as we were running in Battery Park, the wind blew the water over the barriers and we got wet. Towards the end of the run, the winds were gusting so hard, they blew me towards the railing that separates the sidewalk from the water. I thought for a minute I was going to get blown into the river. It's a good thing we didn't run on the bridge today, we might have been blown off.

No comments: