Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's Next?

Now that I've started running again (granted, it's only been once since MCM), I've started to think about my fall and winter running plans. Here is what I'm thinking:
  • I will be running a 5k this coming Sunday, 11/9, to benefit my daughter's school. I'll post a small race report after the race.
  • Depending on my Thanksgiving plans, I hope participate in this Thanksgiving Day 5k race.
  • I'm seriously thinking of running a spring marathon in 2009. The Jewish high holidays are all on Saturday and Sundays in 2009 beginning in mid-September and ending in mid-October. That would be 4 Sundays lost during the prime of training.
    • My fear is I don't know if I can train for a marathon during the winter. I'm not so concerned about the cold temperatures, I'm more worried about snow and ice. That can seriously ruin any hopes I have of running spring race.
  • With the help of my wife, I'll continue to focus on nutrition. Both of us strongly believe that one of the reasons I recovered so well from MCM was because of the increased focus on nutrition.
  • My weekday runs will probably be forced inside on the treadmill. I only have 1 set of good cold weather gear. Good cold weather gear is so darn expensive.
  • I will also love to sign up for the January New York Running Class Session.
What it comes down to, is I have a lot of fears when it comes to winter marathon training. I would love to hear everyone's tips for successful winter marathon running.

No comments: