Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Morning Run

I was finally able to get outside for my morning run today. I went out a little bit before 7 and headed for the Brooklyn Bridge. I am used to the bridge being packed with tourists taking pictures in the middle of the day. I was amazed at how empty the bridge was in the morning. There some people who were walking to work but for the most part it was me and other fellow runners getting their miles in before the daily grind. I came back to Manhattan via the Manhattan Bridge. When I showed my ID to the security guard on the way in, he asked me to see it again. He's not used to seeing people come into the building at 7:40 in the morning dressed in cold weather running gear. I simply told him "just trying to get some miles in before work." He appreciated that and wished me a happy Thanksgiving.

Now that I have more cold weather running gear, I hope to get outside in the morning more often. It was very invigorating. Tomorrow I will be running a Turkey Trot and enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the best time to run over the Brooklyn Bridge. I've done it on the weekends, which is downright dangerous with all the tourists walking around and the bikes zooming by.