Sunday, November 16, 2008

Change of Scenery

Before I went to bed last night, I made sure to catch a weather forecast so I would have an idea how to dress for this morning's run. The meteorologist forecasted temps around 50 at 7 a.m. With that in mind, I laid out a pair of shorts and my Addidas 1/4 zip long sleeve shirt.

When I opened the door to my house around 6:00 a.m., I felt a lot colder than the 50 degrees forecasted the night before. I immediately went upstairs and changed into my Under Armour tights. I felt good about the wardrobe change and headed out the door at 6:15.

I really did not want to run in Votee Park today. I've been there so much recently that I needed a change of scenery. So I went to the Henry Hoebel Area of Overpeck Park in Leonia. Like Votee, Overpeck has a 1 1/4 mile running path and as well as standard 1/4 track. The path is pancake flat and offered a little more in terms of scenery than Votee.

I ended up running 7.09 miles in 55:39 which averages out to a 7:50 pace. As you can see from the run summary, I did a much better job with pacing. After a warm up mile, I manged to keep the next 6 miles between 7:41 and 7:53.

No comments: