Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Packing Up

I am all packed up and ready to go. Tomorrow night after work my family will get in the car and drive down to our friend's house in Rockville, MD. I always get nervous before I travel. This time around I'm doubly nervous because of the race. I know that I'm well trained, well nourished, and healthy but I keep asking myself, especially during the taper, "have I done enough?" My wife is great, she keeps telling me not too worry and that I've done this before. Just pretend it's another long run, except this one you'll be doing with 20,000+ other people and you'll be running a little longer than you have.

My bag is pretty much packed. I packed different clothing for different weather conditions, my shoes, socks, hat, sunglasses, GU, Albuterol, throw away clothing, clothing to change into post race, my Garmin, band-aids for my nips, extra safety pins, and my e-confirmation card. Without that I can't get into the expo to pick up my race packet. Did I forget anything? Please let me know before Thursday evening.

I hope to hit the runner's expo early Friday morning and then do some sightseeing with my family. Maybe a tour of the Capitol or a museum. My wife and daughter will probably do some more sightseeing along the Mall on Sunday before I run by there. I'm looking forward to a relaxing Shabbat with our friends. After Shabbat, I'll make my final race day preparations and try and get some sleep.

1 comment:

DailyRunner said...

Godspeed Aaron! You're going to have a great race with the training you've done.