Sunday, April 4, 2010

Passover Long Run

I couldn't wait to get started this morning. After Shabbat mom and Mrs. Ansky concocted my kosher for Passover sports drink. Before I write about the run here is the recipe:

Passover Sports Drink
24 oz. water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons sugar
1/3 bag jello mix (for flavoring)

Dissolve jello in warm water then mix with other ingredients. Chill and enjoy.

Back to the run. I decided to stay within the confines of my parents' development. Within the development there are sub-divisions each with a bathroom and water fountain. I started out about 5:45 hoping to get most of run done before the sun came up and baked me to a crisp. I utilized the bathroom once and the water fountains often during the run. I tried to vary the scenery by switching off running an outside loop then an inside loop. Each time I finished an inside loop, I stopped at the pool area in my parents' sub-division for some of the sports drink. Once the sun was up it started to get hot. By 8:30 I started to feel the heat. I continued on, but paid close attention to my body. I had no qualms cutting the run short if I felt like the heat was too much. Thankfully that didn't happen and I made it to 3 hours with no incident.

21.30 miles in 3:00:10. Average pace 8:27.

I am now off from running for 4 days. The last days of Passover begin tonight at sundown and end Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday, the Anskys will be driving back from Florida. My next run will probably be Friday morning before I go back to work. 

No comments: