Friday, April 9, 2010

A Mini Break

I haven't run since my 21 miler last Sunday. No, I am not experimenting with a 5 week taper before the Pocono Marathon nor am I injured (knock on wood). The rest of the week has gone something like this:
  • Monday & Tuesday: no running due to my observance of the last two days of Passover.
  • Wednesday & Thursday: we were driving back from Florida. Getting a run in wasn't going to happen.
  • Today (Friday): We got home later than expected yesterday due to some significant construction projects on I-95. Once we got home, I had a bunch of stuff to do when I got home and I didn't get to bed until 11:30. I was bone tired from the drive so I allowed myself to sleep.
Since tomorrow is Shabbat, my next run won't be until Sunday. Coach Jeff assigned me a 2:45 long run with 3 minute surges every 20 minutes and a fast 3-4 minute finish. I am looking forward to getting out there on Sunday and rocking my long run. I'll admit that before my vacation, I was feeling a bit tired and worn out. I hate to say it, but there have been times recently where running was something that I "had to do" rather than something I "wanted to do." I'm hoping that the extra rest will rejuvenate me for the final push to May 16.

No comments: