Friday, April 2, 2010

Greetings from Sunny Florida

The Anskys are having a grand ole time in Boca Raton. Our seders were really nice. Mom cooked up a storm, we drank some really good wine, soaked up some rays, and most importantly spending quality time with family, including my soon to be 99 year old grandmother.

I have been running. I won't bore you with the details. You can read about them on my Dailymile page. Yesterday was the only full day of Chol Hamoed (the intermediate days of Passover where it's permissible to run, watch TV, drive, etc...). After a leisurely morning at home, we spent the afternoon at South Beach Park hanging out on the beach, swimming in the ocean, and playing in the sand. After dinner, we took Lil Ansky to Boomers for a night a go-kart riding and arcade games.

Shabbat doesn't start until 7:30 p.m. in Boca so we took advantage of the long day by visiting the Wakodahatchee Wetlands in the morning. It's a habitat for herons, egrets, turtles, fish, and of course alligators. If you're a photography buff and find yourself near Delray Beach, FL I suggest you visit. After lunch, I helped Mom cook for Shabbat then it was time for a pre-Shabbat swim.

That's it for now. Shabbat is tomorrow which mean more quality time with family. Sunday is long run day. That should be interesting given that it's still Passover. I wrote about my Passover nutrition plan about a week before Passover, check it out here. I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: