Monday, August 10, 2009

My Weekend in 3 Parts: Part 2 - Sunday Run

After last week's 13.44 mile run, I decided to cut back this week and run 7 -8 miles. I was happy to see that 2 friends, DS and SG, decided to join me on their bikes. Since I knew the route, They would ride ahead and wait for me at when it was time to turn.

As for the run itself, it was pretty uneventful. I've run this route many times before so I knew where the hills were and where was a good a place to start pushing the pace. I finished the 7.70 mile run in 1:03:31 for an 8:15 pace. This is about 3 seconds than the last time I did run on July 26.

The South Nyack 10 miler is about a month away. I've never run in Nyack before so I'm hoping to run the course, or at least part of it, before the race. My last 10 mile race was the Prospect Park Track Club Cherry Tree 10 miler back in February. My time was 1:19:21 (7:59 pace). I would love to do better in Nyack on September 13. That would give me a huge boost going into the Asbury Park Relay Marathon on October 18.

No comments: