Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My New Shoes


Today, I took my new shoes out for a run. I've done really well in the ASICS Nimbus 8s and Nimbus 9s so I figured I'd give the Nimbus 10s a try as well. I was a little surprised when I took them out of the box. The first thing that struck me was the asymetrical lacing system. I'm not quite sure what to make of it or what purpose it serves. All I know was it was it difficult to secure my Polar 200SD Footpod to the shoe because of the new lacing system. The second thing that struck me was the color. I'm usually pretty traditional when it comes to shoe colors, blue, black, maybe red, but GOLD???? This is so unlike me!
Once I got over the color, I put them on and liked how they felt. I not an expert on running shoes so I will not give a detailed review. They felt good when I went out for my lunchtime run today. MCM is 5 weeks away so I felt this was a good time to get my new shoes and get some miles under them before Oct. 26. I did buy 2 pairs so I can rotate them and hopefully they will last longer.

No comments: