Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yankees are World Series Champions



After 9 years, the World Series Trophy returned to the Bronx. The Yankees defeated the Phillies 7-3 in Game 6 of the World Series last Wednesday night. I was fortunate enough to be at the game with my buddies. It was the first time I've seen the Yankees win the World Series in person. Needless to say, it was a special experience.

I want to share with you something that happened off the field. In the row in front of us, there were three generations of Yankees fans, a grandfather, a son, and a grandson. When the Yankee announced that Hideki Matsui tied Booby Richardson for the most RBIs (6) in a single World Series game, the grandfather turned around and said that he was 9 years old and was at that game. We all thought that was pretty cool. When the final out was recorded and the Yankees were celebrating on the field, the grandfather was glowing. It was great see him sharing that moment with the his son and grandson.

The other non-game part of the evening that impressed me was Keli O'Hara singing "God Bless America." It was freaking amazing.

I took a video of the final out with my digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 3700. The video is a little better than the ones I shared with you when the Yankees won the Pennant.

Photobucket

To wrap up, I really enjoyed my experience in the new Stadium. I was very lucky to go to as many games as I did. I was at the first night game in the Stadium, the first post season game, the first pennant, the first World Series game, and the first World Series winning game. I can't wait for next season.

No comments: