Friday, August 13, 2010

Quick Update

It's been a rough week since my trip to Six Flag Great Adventure last Wednesday. The next morning I woke and I felt totally zonked. I was hoping to run but I could not get out of bed. As I went through the day, I was really sluggish. I thought I had some heat exhaustion from spending so much outside in the sun the day before. No big deal, I took Thursday as an extra rest day and laid out my clothes for a Friday morning run.

Friday morning arrived and again I woke up feeling zonked and sluggish. I didn't run and hoped that I restful Shabbat would lift me up for a Sunday morning long run. I woke up Shabbat (Saturday) morning and I felt like I got hit by a bus. Sinus congestion, aches, sweats, chills, fever, I had it all. Same thing on Sunday. Monday I felt a little better was I was still very congested and somewhat feverish. Of course by the time I got to the doc later that day my fever had broken. He suggested I introduce myself to the Neti Pot (more on this in a separate post) to flush out my sinuses.

I did run Wednesday and Thursday and felt OK. Not great, but I didn't cough up any lungs. Right now I'm debating if I should run the Bronx Half on Sunday. This virus took a lot out me and my last long run was 2 weeks. Do I think I can finish, yes, will I PR, definitely, not.

No comments: