Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Observations From the Movie Theater

 I just came back from seeing "Toy Story 3" with Lil Ansky and a friend. The purpose of this post is not to review the movie (we all enjoyed it), rather I wanted to share a few observations with regards to movie theater food.

  • When I bought the tickets, I was told that I had accumulated enough rewards points for a medium drink. I handed the coupon to the cashier and she started to fill what looked like a pretty big cup. I asked "that's a medium?" She replied with "yes." I then saw an even larger cup next to it, which must have been the large. Thankfully, without any arm twisting from me, Lil Ansky and her friend agreed on the iced tea. I still felt it was a lot for them drink between the 2 of them so I took a 3rd straw and they let me share.
  • We usually share a small popcorn as a special treat when we go to the movies. Today, her friend did not want  popcorn so she decided on candy as well. Lil Ansky currently has a palatal expander in her mouth so sticky candies such as Twizzlers are off limits. As my luck would have it she chose one of the better candies, a Kit Kat Bar.
  • I saw plenty of children walking in with a large bucket of movie theater popcorn. I can't believe parents get that for their children. A large buttered popcorn has approximately 1,200 - 1,600 calories. Even if they share it with a sibling, that's still 600 - 800 calories per child.
Even the healthiest of eaters have their indulgences. Mine are ice cream and baked goods. Personally, movie theater concessions are not something I like to indulge in. Every time eat movie theater popcorn, I leave the theater feeling sick to my stomach.




What are your indulgences?

No comments: