Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Totals for May 2011

Total number of runs: 15
Total time: 18:23:29
Total Distance: 132.75

Average distance per run: 8.85 miles
Average time: 1:13:33

May started off with a bang with a 1:39:29 at the Long Island Half Marathon. This race was a huge boost to my confidence a few weeks before the Vermont City Marathon. My last long run was solid, 23.2 miles in 3:15 (8:24/mile). The taper went well, I cranked out 3 solid 5 x 1 mile workouts on the track the week before VCM. As you know by now, VCM did not turn out the way I had hoped it would. In case you missed it, check out the race report.

The plan for June is to have fun. I hope to be able to run with some friends I've been neglecting while training for VCM. I need a few weeks without the pressure of training for an "A" race. That will start again on July 11, 16 weeks before the Marine Corps Marathon.

No comments: