Monday, March 29, 2010

A Quick Update Before Passover

We made it safely to Boca Raton, Florida. We started out Saturday night around 9:00 p.m. so Lil Ansky would sleep and we'd be 8 or 9 hours into the drive when she woke up. All things considered, the drive went pretty well. We encountered a 5 mile backup in southern Georgia about 75 miles of Jacksonville and Mrs. Ansky drove through a driving rainstorm between Jacksonville and Jupiter. I have to say, she is a superhero. Not only did she drive through a torrential rainstorm but she also drove about 5 hours through the middle of the night so I can doze in the car and be alert for the morning shift.

Anyway, I did run this morning. I ran a quick 5 miles around my parents' development. Coach Jeff suggested I run for 40 minutes just to loosen up my legs after spending so much time in the car. The rain that we drove though in Northern and Central Florida made its way down to Boca Raton overnight and into the morning. Around 10:30 a.m. It stopped raining so I got changed and went out. I did about 5 miles in 43 minutes (7:53 avg. pace). Did I just say that a 7:53 pace was relaxing?

Speaking of relaxing paces...last Friday I ran to work. Since I was traveling on Sunday, I needed to get a longish run in before I left. The easiest way to accomplish that was by running to work. I ran 12.70 miles in 1:46 for an average pace of 8:26 average pace. That's pretty quick for me on a long run.

In any event, as with most Jewish holidays, there are 4 days (not including Shabbat) where I won't be running. Honestly, my body is looking forward to a few extra days off. I am looking forward to spending time with my family, 2 entertaining seders, and enjoying my mom's delicious food. I'll end this post post with a picture. Ever since we started coming down to Florida for the holiday, we adorn the table with school projects that my brother and I made while in school. Now that Lil Ansky is in Jewish Day School too, we now include her projects as well. In this picture there are seder plates, matza covers, and Elijah's cup. My mother gets a lot of what we call, nachas which means pride from displaying these items. Happy Passover to everyone celebrating.
Photobucket

No comments: