Sunday, April 5, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Just when I declared my mojo back, something else happens. I headed out for my 13 miler this morning and about 1/2 a mile in my right calf started burning. I did not push on, rather I hobbled back to my car and went home. I've been in a crappy mood all day. I spent some time with The Stick and the leg is feeling better but there's still a pulling sensation when I walk and climb stairs. I need to listen to my body and rest. I have to be brutally honest and say that I'm not the best when it comes to stretching. It's possible I have a buildup of lactic acid or I'm overtraining. With Passover coming up, I'll be forced to rest it since I don't run on the holiday. I'll have an idea how feel when I walk to synagogue. I'll try and give it a go next week.

The NJ Marathon is 4 weeks from today I should be feeling strong and confident (which I was after Friday's run) instead I feel like shit. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Repeat after me:

It. Will. Be. Fine.

Hang tough. I feel ya', man.

Simon Lewis said...

Well done for taking the sensible option and going home. I hope it feels ok.