Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fantasy Baseball 1st Half Update

Now that the All-Star break is upon us. I thought I'd take a few minutes to summarize the first half of my fantasy baseball season. The first half had some high points and more than a few low points.

As you can see, I'm currently sitting in 7th place with 51 points. I did spend a good deal of May in either 1st or 2nd place. June is when things started to go downhill for me. Beltran got hurt which was a huge blow to my offense. Before he went down his fantasy stats were: .346avg., 40runs, 8HRs, 40RBI, and 11SB. Adrian Gonzalez has 24 homers but is only hitting .250. Pitching is where I'm really struggling. Brandon Webb has been out since the beginning of the season, and there is no timeline for his return. Edinson Volsquez has been out for a while as well. I drafted him high in the draft because I needed that high strikeout pitcher. Because of his injury my team is 7th in strikeouts.

If you look at the actual totals, you'll see that I have quite a lot of ground to cover. I'm behind in strikeouts, saves, ERA, and WHIP. I don't think my starting rotation of Lowe, Jurrjens, Cain, Edwin Jackson, and Volstad is good enough. I might have to make a trade if I want to have any chance of finishing in the money.





I can only hope that the players on my team have a monster second half and that the players on the teams above me do not. There is a lot of baseball to yet to be played. Stay tuned...

No comments: